Cooking a chicken breast in the air fryer is quite a quick meal to prepare. This blog provides you with our technical insight in knowing how long to cook chicken breast in the air fryer.
If you follow our tested guide to cook chicken breast in an air fryer then you can enjoy cooking the chicken in different ways like juicy, flavorful, no breading and crispy, etc.
I can cook chicken breast in several yet delicious forms using proper utensils. But I love to cook chicken breast in the air fryer. The reason for this is it is fast to cook and delicious to eat. You can eat it as salads, with rice and veggies or make a sandwich out of it.
Normally to cook a chicken breast in an air fryer will take 30 to 50 minutes.
But then it also depends on the quantity of chicken.
First of all, you need to clean and dress the chicken breast to put into the air fryer. Here is an easy process to do so:
- Clean and wash chicken with water (5 minutes).
- Dressing with garlic, oregano, salt, lemon, dried parsley, pepper, olive oil, and other seasoning stuff (2 minutes).
- Then marinate 10 to 15 minutes
(Note: If you are cooking it using lemon you need to keep it at least 20 to 25 minutes for marination, this way it will retain all the juices.)
After this process, your chicken breast is ready for a nice fry. Here is a tested guide in consideration of weight, temperature, and time to cook chicken breast.
- 6 ounces breast 360° for 15 minutes
- 8 ounces breast 360° for 18 minutes
- 10 ounces breast 360° for 20 minutes
- 12 ounces breast 360° for 22 minutes
- Take a small bowl, mix all seasoning items like garlic, oregano, salt, lemon, dried parsley, pepper, olive oil together before dressing the chicken.
- Make sure your chicken is dressed from all sides before keeping it for marination.
- Use a brush or olive oil spray gun on chicken breast.
- When you place chicken breast in the air fryer use a brush or spray some olive oil on the basket as well.
- Set the right combination of time and temperature according to your quantity.
- Flip chicken breast every 5 minutes for best results (spray olive oil if required).
- If you have a digital air fryer with a timer you can check the timing guide on the air fryer itself.
- If you have an air fryer with a knob like me then you can use a mobile or watch to follow timing.
- Take a fork and if it goes through without sticking to the chicken then it is cooked well to eat
- remove the basket from the air fryer. Keep an open basket for 5 minutes before cutting.
(Note: if you will not follow the right timing to cook. It may taste burnt or unpleasant)
Everyone understands cooking differently, the desired taste, salt level, crispiness be it anything, is very personal to every individual.
But we have to agree on one thing that cooking is your own time. Experiment with food’s taste in the way you like. But cooking it all through is a must for everyone.
Before writing this blog, I have tested this temperature guide 20 to 25 times only for this question (How long to cook chicken breast in an air fryer?) and It works for me every time.
I recommend you to follow it to get the best results.
You just follow this weight, temperature, and time guide. Flip all chicken in the air fryer every 5 to 7 minutes. I promise your chicken breast will be very tasty.
So let me know about your experience in the comment box after using this guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long to Cook Burgers in an Air Fryer?
If you want to prepare the chicken burger all by yourself. It will take around 45 to 60 minutes to cook and 7 to 10 minutes in an air fryer with a 360° temperature.
If you are using frozen chicken patties it will take 15 to 20 minutes to cook and 8 to 12 minutes in an air fryer with 360° temperature.
How Long to Cook Corn Dogs in an Air Fryer?
If you are cooking regular size corn dogs. You can cook time in an air fryer for 8 minutes at 370°F/188°C. After 8 minutes flip corn dogs again for 3 minutes at 370°F/188°C.