Keurig is one brand in the coffee industry that keeps the customers happy in the longest run. The unmatchable efficiency and user-friendly interface make it a catch. We are pretty happy with the easy cleaning process. However, cleaning a filter is a slight issue.
How to Know It is Time to Change the Filter?
The filter gets affected by the minerals in a period of time. There is nothing that assures that the filter will persist in giving effective performance forever. However, Keurig 2.0 works longer in comparison to its rival brands.
According to the company people, it is good to change the filter keeping cartridges every 2 months of its working. An extra help indicator is placed on the machine to start signalling when the filer needs a replacement. This way you get to make advance plans on replacing it.
How to Clean Keurig 2.0 Coffee Maker at Home?
If the coffee doesn't taste good as it used to at multiple occasions, the flavor has reduced drastically. In such cases, possible differentials of the cause are filters needing change or damaged brewer. But mostly it benefits the former more than the latter.
In order to eliminate the other causes of bad tasting coffee start with manually checking if the filters mesh is not clogged. We recommend you do the check before pouring your water for a clearer view of the inside.
- Start the cleaning process with either vinegar or descaling solution. Put it in the reservoir such that it is 2-3 drops filled.
- Now turn on the coffee maker and brew. Keep the machine closer to the sink or use a pot under the coffee delivering nozzle.
- Depending on the accumulation of minerals you can repeat the process (with a new solution) a maximum of three times in one sitting. If you feel the minerals have left the maker, stop the process.
- At last, put water instead of the solution and run it through. You may drink the water coming out of the nozzle to check if it is clear off vinegar or solution.
Easy Methods of Cleaning Keurig 2.0 Coffee Maker Every Day
You may start the whole process by washing it using a detergent. We recommend against scrubbing harshly with a strong detergent.
Also, for the long run of the machine keep it empty when not in use. The leftover coffee stains as well as produce a bad odor along with bacteria.
For weekly cleaning taking K-cup holders out and cleaning thoroughly helps a lot. You can use a pin to punch out the stubborn leftovers.
Changing the Keurig 2.0 Water Filter
- Ensure proper safety and take the machine off the electric plug.
- Clean the outer area of the filter using a damp cloth. As we don't want any dust getting inside the system.
- Take the reservoir out of the machine
- Keep the new filter soaked in water for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Now, open the cartridge through the filtration unit to reach the old filter.
- Clean the lower portion netting of the filter holder.
- Run the water filter under running water to ensure proper cleaning.
- Put the new water filter in place of the old one after rinsing it properly
- Check for everything being in place and plug in the filter after 5-10 minutes of finishing the process.
The process of cleaning seems hectic only when you don't know how to clean it. In the article above, we dealt with most parts of cleaning a coffee maker.
It is important to keep your coffee maker working well up to mark to keep getting the delicious cups anytime.
If you feel anything doesn't taste nice in your cup of coffee it might be the right idea to manually look for the problem and fix it.
Keep safe and drink deliciously healthy.